LAKV CLASS XXVI KICK-OFF RETREAT
by Erica Kozen
Leadership Alle-Kiski Valley Class XXVI kicked-off the 2017-2018 program with a two-day retreat at Ligonier Camp and Conference Center held in September 2017. This year’s program is led by Lisa Slongo and includes nine class members:
- Hillary Butts, Quality Life Services – Apollo
- Kimberly Greene, Apollo Trust
- Lisa Hyland, Mary Queen of Apostles School
- Eileen Kenzevich, Alcoa Corp.
- Margie Kovach, NexTier Bank
- Erica Kozen, Arconic
- Wes Kuchta, Lenape Technical School
- Ernest Ngirimana, Allegheny Valley Hospital
- Lynda Pozzuto, Alle Kiski Strong Chamber
The retreat began with class members “jumping” right into the first Leadership Challenge experience – ziplining! We enjoyed several more Leadership Challenges (see us attempting the “helium pole” below!) and spent time getting to know one another and discussing plans for the year. This year, the class will organize a fundraising event of our choice, and each class member will observe a Board within the Alle-Kiski community by attending at least two Board or subcommittee meetings. The class reconvenes monthly to meet professionals within the community and to acquire new leadership and business skills.
We closed out the retreat around the beautiful campfire while enjoying s’mores and a visit from LAKV Board Chairman, Chad McCutcheon.
Please look for future blogs describing our activities throughout the year!